Referring to a previous blog in September, "Down By the Riverside", several folks
specifically wanted to know where my husband was, during the episode when my
young son was missing, & I thought he had fallen into the Broad River, and my Dad
jumped in to find him with all his clothes on,etc. ---- Well, in clarification of my
sweet husband's whereabouts during that time--he was on a trip to Boston, actually
a 4 week school, learning to be the "Computer Expert" as he was in charge of
a complete installation of a very important computer system at Fiber Industries.
That was the time he developed a great desire to learn everything there was to
know about the computer process control systems, as our livelihood depended
on it, and we had four children to raise! He did in fact, become the Lead Engineer
and held that position for many years, keeping up with all the changes coming down
the pike in the fast paced computer industry revolution of the times!
In fact, there was another "hair-raising incident" that happened while he was away
attending the computer training---he was called home in the middle of the night, as I
was sent to the Med Center at 3 A.M. after waking up in a huge pile of blood(hemoraging
terribly from the womb), & called my Mom & Dad immediately to come & stay with our
four children, as I needed a Doctor to stop the bleeding pronto, or I was going to die!
My Mom, called our friend (who was a funeral director nearby, who had an ambulance) to
come after me for transport to the hospital! He came promptly, had extra towels for me
to lay on for the 25 minute ride to the hospital, propped my feet straight up, & my head slanted
downward, and called the hospital to inform them of my excessive bleeding, and prepare
a Dr. to take care of me promptly on my arrival. I learned later that my Mother called our Pastor, and my husband in Boston, as they thought I would never pull through, due to the extreme loss of blood! My husband flew to my bedside, holding my hand, & the Pastor was praying over me, as the Doctor had to pack the womb for the 2nd time, as the bleeding came thru the first packing, & I could feel my entire body draining, but I did not pass out! I remember feeling "very weak & feeble, & it was difficult to speak", but I knew exactly what was happening to me. My Pastor was praying for me and the Dr. to do the right things to stop the bleeding, and the Gracious Heavenly Father did answer our prayers, and I am happy to say by the next morning, I was ready for some type breakfast, and to regain my strength! Wow--that an experience, my entire life had flashed before my eyes, as I had thought the "end of life on earth had come", but after reflecting on it all, I am sure Our Heavenly Father had further plans for my life, as I had four children to raise and a dear husband to take care of as well!
I am a firm believer that "Prayer Changes Things"!
Wow---Isn't Life Grand!! Treasure each moment as you never know when disaster might strike, just when you least expect it--Be Prepared!!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment