Monday, September 24, 2007

My Published Poetry ---- "THE SUNSET"

Some of you 70+ folks out there reading my exciting blogs(chuckle)-- may not know that I am an
actual published poet--- in the book called "Twilight Musings" published by International Library of Poetry, 2005 Edition (compilation of poetry)--so here's a copy of my poem:

THE SUNSET

How lovely are the last rays of the beautiful sun,

Sinking slowly in the evening haze,

Thanking God so much for the great fun,

and friends going with me through the maze!

The colors blend in such a lively glow,

I feel the blessing of life's special magic taper,

and forever I will always know

God's plans are definitely outlined with his divine papers.

I think that I will never cease to cherish and adore

the sunset colors, so divine and galore,

for all to behold and keep in our hearts forevermore!




--------------------------------------------

P.S. I did receive "Honorable Mention" for my poetry contribution, & was invited to read it
at the last "gathering" in Las Vegas for The International Society of Poets, but had to decline
the invitation due to a previous commitment. It was really nice to be asked,-- and perhaps
later in the future, as I continue to write poetry, (when I feel the true inspiration-)-perhaps
there will be a future invitation to share! I truly enjoy my membership in The International Society of Poets---lots of opportunity there to express your thoughts. So if you desire to pursue
"your expression of deep thoughts through poetry"---just go ahead and write it down, and others will be delighted to read! Inspiration is truly the "spice of life"!!

1 comment:

Marooned said...

Although I've never published any of them, perhaps I should put some of my poems and essays out there. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.